Saturday, January 10, 2009

Some things she's up to...

She repeats everything you say and is asking "what's this?" incessantly which I seem to have endless patience for - who knew? Is asking the dreaded "why?" which conversely I don't have much of that same patience for. In fact she may just be gearing up because she doesn't even seem to care or listen to the answer, just likes asking the question (which is maybe why I can't take it!) It has degenerated to "because and because Mama said so"... Last night in the drug store at the checkout I put her down for 1 second to grab bags and go and she snatched some jelly beans lightning fast and as I wrestled them from her she actually cried "but I NEED these!" A full sentence with complex begging! I couldn't even believe it. She is changing so fast and absorbing at such great speed that I can totally see why they call them sponges at this age. Though she is still saying "hold you??" when she wants to be picked up which is one of my all time favorites and I hope she still says it when she's thirty.


5 comments:

ma otter said...

i love her singing

she is so fricken cute

and her sproingy hairdo, I can't get over

I love the 'fupdates'

auntie annie

Anonymous said...

BEBE said

Never at a loss for words, Ms.Finn!! She recently reported her dinner was "delissus" and I have noticed her favorite word to be "again" As is true, this grandma gets great playing time with our baby girls and boys. She has a stong personality but a mellow vibe and we love her soooooooooo, sooooooo much. See you soon little one.

Lauren said...

I love the photos and video. Finn kills me she is just so cute.

Sorry for my lack of blogging - I am having a bit of an existential crisis when it comes to blogging now that W is almost out of there.

I promise it will come back soon - maybe in a new form.

It is nice to be missed though ; }

Caline said...

The one sock on & one sock off thing with the little pan of popcorn...
And the video- Craig, it made my heart feel so gigantic and warmness...
What a sweet treat!
Again!

Anonymous said...

I love that kid!

Can she go to the fridge and get her Uncle Matt a coke? With ice? and maybe a little reheated Chinese food with some soy sauce.....

Uncle Matt "Hungry for Shrimp w/Chinese Vegetable"

PINT OR QUART!!