Monday, June 15, 2009

Some more things to like about Brooklyn....











In a ONE block radius I have my bank, my video store, the coolest toy store ever, a big grocery store, an organic grocery store, a specialty grocery store, a 24 hour deli with amazing flowers, the best Starbucks I ever saw with baby seats on rollers and outdoor space (where a woman named Joannie was stringing blossoms of rose hips and pine cones to give away or bury back in the ground - and had amazing things to say about her art.) Next door to that there is a horse Finley likes to ride. Our building has an overgrown backyard that no one uses and we were able to bring our Aiderondacks. I love that Prospect Park has parts that they are letting return to natural forest. I almost had a Heart Attack! when I happened upon Puppet Works, where they have regular puppet shows. There is a PINKstone on our block. And finally, there are stoop sales going on all the time - we participated in our first one Saturday - it was a block party too. Oh, and Annie - there's a garden all your own waiting here with your name on it. Alas, there is NO Plum Pottery:(

Ahhhh, Brooklyn - I am pinching myself ALL day long.

1 comment:

Gracie said...

Looks SOOO PERFECT! Can't wait to see it! :-)