Sunday, February 12, 2012

Greenwich Village. It's OVER.

I had a teeny print job on Friday morning with a call time of 6:45 am at 7th Avenue South and Morton Street in the Village. I was happy to have the job and happy to walk the early morning streets of my old hood. Until I got there... The destruction, the desecration, the HORROR! Thankfully Matt Umanov's is still there; however, to the left we have Davids fancy tea shop and to the right we have- more frozen yogurt! (There are 8 other frozen yogurt shops in a 3 block radius) Both chains, both weird. But it doesn't stop there. The real kicker came on 6th ave right before I got back on the train home. Sammy's Asian, my favorite take away joint from days gone by, has been replaced by a fancy nail shop that offers...a 24k gold Facial!! Run, run back to Brooklyn!!




Another looming death. Here lies the legendary Cafe Vivaldi. Due to close in the next couple weeks... Booooo.

2 comments:

ma otter said...

that blows.
village, you suck.
can we still visit when we come in august?
we'll just talk smack about it the whole time.
stupid village.

Gracie said...

I want to vomit...I LOVED Sammy's....who eats that much frozen yogurt???