Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What Would Jesus Buy?


Check it out! I met this guy at a peace march in NYC a couple years ago, have been on his mailing list and have wanted to go see a "sermon", but never did - so I was super psyched to find this at the video store yesterday. A great doucmentary about Reverend Billy and The Church of Stop Shopping on tour before the last Christmas season!! They are part very serious poilitical activisim and part performance art - a rockin' good time. It's a lot of fun and really gets you thinking - a favorite combo of mine. I even wrote down a few things to help me the next time I am in a store getting ready to CONSUME. Sorry Melissa, you know Mickey is Satan.
1) Why am I here?
2) Do I need this?
3) How will I pay?
4) What if I wait?
5) Where am I going to put it?

2 comments:

ma otter said...

wow! how awesome is that!

LCJ said...

keep it up and the pink mickey crocs are coming this christmas with a 11x14 framed picture of finley holding mickey at my house from last week!! oh and she went right to mickey and knew his name without any encouragement from me I might add!!! :-)