Sunday, November 23, 2008

Finley Updates

At our first time at a sporting event - EVER! Luke Geiger's hockey game. It was great to see the gang and I even let Jack Micoli give Finley her first lollipop. Blowpops are heaven - I took it back when we got to the gum:)

Here she is rocking her baby.

Babies on the move.

Making corn cobb art with Mrs. Costigan at Mommy and Me class.

Sentences are happening! In really interesting ways too. "Murray, hold you, Me!" and "C'mon!" "Walking, Me!" "Mo jooos, peees!"

I usually wait for her to go to bed to watch a movie, but I have been sick this weekend - the kind that requires a doctor visit and antibiotics and I thought a drama with no violence would be okay - she just plays around the house anyway. I was watching a steamy Woody Allen movie moment and just when I wondered if I should fast forward I noticed she was looking at me and I said "yes, they are kissing" and she climbs up on the couch, straddles me and comes at me all open mouthed and drooly. I am cracking up and trying to push her off, now this kid is getting big and she was relentless - she kept diving at me! The more she attacked the more I cracked up - the weaker I got. Totally defeated by my 18 month old.

Her "no" period has lessened (for now:) - thank god! Though, when she says it she means it! Now she says, "Yeah!"and "OKAY!" with Great Enthusiasm (Annie, must be like the "of course!" Silas stage)

We (well, I - to be fair Craig was mixing the record) painted the kitchen and it turned out great (though it could be a touch more yellow:). Finley walks in takes one look, points and says "Niiiice!"

She reminds me of the Nightmare Before Christmas song "What's This?" - everything is "what's this?" Sadly for me in a weird way, she is says "sucker" and no longer "gucker" - i'll miss that.

She loves chicken, all shoes, my soup (the feeling I get when she obviously loves something I make is SO ridiculously satisfying), playing in the cars forever.

Finley/Mama turkey art from class




If you are wondering where Craig is - he is always mixing the record or putting Finley to sleep:)

4 comments:

ma otter said...

her pony tails are longer! and she thinks of Silas! and she is so funny! those faces!
she definitely has a great sense of humor and good taste in beverages!
18 months and already so much her very own interesting smart sweet girl.

we watched the video many many times...and again...

auntieannie

ma otter said...

Emmett and I just watched the video. We love Finley so much. I wish I was there to ply with her a little. I'm glad she thinks of Silas w/out too much trauma....

Keep posting video!!!!!!!!

Uncle Matt and 1st Cousin extrodanaire Emmett

Gracie said...

What a musical baby girl!!!!

Gracie said...

Great stories....it's crazy how fast our kids grow when you feed 'em.

Max had 6 of his friends over to help move our new POOL TABLE/PING PONG TABLE (yes....it is mad competition in the davis/reid house)...I plied them with beer and food for payment....and then when they were all getting ready to leave...they all came up to say thanks and goodbye to the moms (which was WAY cute..these great big handsome young men being so polite)...and Max was just a baby the day before yesterday! Don't blink...they go from baby to grown QUICK!