Saturday, September 05, 2009

some things to love...

Craig had the stomach flu for 3 days and I caught him reading:



Finley received her new ladybug nightlight from cousins Mac, Emmett and Silas (thankyouthankyouthankyou!) and has slept in her own bed ever since - mostly I feel "yipeee" with a little "waaaa" - another wind blowing through our baby experience and changing it forever. Now we just need to get her on that potty - not looking to good. Today as I tried to reason with her about how poop is yucky and we need to get it off our bodies as soon as possible (especially if one is sitting in a poopy diaper - for sure, right!?!) and she says "But I LIKE my poop!"... oy. Also noteworthy, we are walking out the door the other day and she's babbling away and I hear something that stops me cold... "I'M a Princess!" She hit one of my personal parental achilles heels just like that - and at only 2 years 3 months old - I figured/hoped that princess business wouldn't start for long time if at all! AND her favorite colour is pink! I should have know it would be pointless to resist. But, I have seen NO princesses pass before her eyes! How did this happen???!! There must have been a princess on Wonder Pets or something?? Futile futile resistance, silly mama.


Granpops came out to help us celebrate Craig's birthday (Bebe was home with a bum foot:( We had great local Italian food and I actually wore a dress. Presents and cake, of course. I have to say Finley makes everyone's birthday better - that goes for every holiday, actually!




And finally after a late night sneaky adventure up to the roof to see the full moon, here is the birthday sloth in happy repose:))

3 comments:

mattmos said...

sleepy time little sloth, enjoy it, dream of book reading, salty snacks and the ability to watch apocalypse now without sarcastic comments from the women.

ma otter said...

as I lay dying.

I think this will be my hide-away joke for myself whenever I am feeling low. Unfortunately images like this, of craig reading this while suffering with a tummy bug on the couch, sneak up on me while in yoga, or during quiet parent meetings etc. and make for inappropriate hysterical laughter...

anyway, you people are beautiful. I am so glad Feee likes her nightlight and I know your feelings of "hurrayyyyyy" and "waaaaaaaaaaa" all at once.

...as for the rest....I've got the solution. Tell her that Princesses hate their poop!
hahahahah!

love you and your dress is the shiz.

annie

Anonymous said...

Bebe said:
It is so good to see photos of your birthday craig. This is the 29th birthday I have celebrated you (& Matt). I have always known you guys were a gift. Many more....

Love, peace and good health to you two. xoxo