Thursday, January 07, 2010

Max & Ruby... BANNED!


It started with an uneasy feeling that I chose to ignore. Craig actually called it. "What is up with the strict gender roles?" I told him to lighten up, Finley enjoyed it - they're bunnies for crying out loud! She has loved them and seen them a lot. Well, the other day Finley notices a picture of our neighbors and says "they're so Handsome!" I laughed and asked her where she got that "Max & Ruby!" That is a cute example but there has been a lot of behavior lately that has had me scratching my head. Ruby is bossy, she is prissy, her voice is annoying. Max is sneaky, he uses one word sentences, and he is SNEAKY. SO can you guess who is practicing being bossy, prissy, annoying, sneaky and sometimes shouts one word sentences? Well, I tell you she has not been doing it that often recently because it has been many days since our last M&R episode. So, it's Pippi to the rescue! It's a little early but I put Pippi Longstocking on Netflix anyway. And there is, of course, good ole' Little Bear and Beatrix Potter. MUCH cooler rabbits.

2 comments:

craig or cami said...

Yes!!!!
The Producers of Max and Ruby should be ashamed..its as if they missed the 60's and 70's.
Ruby needs to read a little Gloria Steinem for Crissakes!!
She needs to burn her bunny training bra!!!
And Max needs to read a book...sheesh....

ma otter said...

Agreed!!!

Have you seen the most hilarious
"Peep and the Big Wide World"???
This show cracks me up and the duck
is so Matt.