Sunday, August 08, 2010

Woodybury Megrew Burgess II 1939 - 2010

A baby - already so mischievous and mirthful and himself


A boy and brother


A young trouble maker and handsome guy (yes, that is a schoolyard, yes that is a cigarette!) The one with the car - he is seventeen!





A military man and midnight sky diver


A husband and newlywed




A young father, an older father





A hard working mechanic who often smelled of oil, sweat and cigs.


A trucker through and through. A dog lover like no other.



My father of the bride


A grandfather to Brenda, Christopher, Sabrina, Evan and Finley


Generous to a fault (we were all laughing remembering the time he gave away our Thanksgiving turkey:) Oh, and an absolutely hopeless romantic... Here he is with his "girlfriend" as he liked to call Mom.


Alas, he was a pretty crappy patient. He never admitted to the amount of pain he was in and always tried to do way to much. One of the last photos taken of him - the day we sprung him from the hospital. He was so happy to be home.


Whew, well there it is. The pictures I can do. The words to say about the loss of my father I cannot do here now. Oh, my gosh - though he drove us crazy much of the time we all loved him so, did we not? His friend Jacob described him as an angel - I really like that.

9 comments:

Kathy Burgess said...

Cami,
What a wonderful tribute to your Dad. Louis and I are so sorry for your loss.
Kathy, Louis, Carrie and Graham

Big Brawther said...

Well done...

Big Brawther said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
crea said...

Oh Cami, I'm so sorry, I didn't know your dad passed. Amazing tribute. Sending positive healing thoughts your way.

Love, Cheryl

ma otter said...

now I know where you get much of your adventurous spirit.
love you cam.
annie

ma otter said...

and that is the best name ever.

Caline said...

My father believes that heaven and hell are how a person is remembered when they've passed. Clearly Woodbury Megrew Burgess II is soaring in the light and love of his well lived life!
I send you my love and support as you begin to find peace again...
& by the way, you were a very, very beautiful bride!

craig or cami said...

Woody would love this I think.
Beautiful
I remember him on our porch after we got married, he loved you very much
And I owe him a dollar a year!
papa D

Gracie said...

This is such a loving memorial you've done here! The pictures are sooo great!

:-( Woody was such a sweet man...I will miss him, too! He sure loved his kids!

I'm so sorry for the loss you are feeling now...you...your mom...your brothers....hope you all are healing.

Sending you lots of love.....and healing thoughts...