Sunday, March 27, 2011

Dogs, Cat and Bird

The winter won't die. The sun was out the whole weekend though and that is something to be grateful for. Craig was in Sun Valley, Idaho and we were loose, free as birds.
Saturday found us at a local and free if kind of lame dog show. She loved it and that is all that matters sometimes. Sunday we went to Baby Loves Disco which is basically a dance party for those under 7. She was so "essited!" to go and dressed as a fairy. We danced a little, made a puppet and had her face painted. It was fun but I was hoping for a lot more dancing and had a hard time letting go of my preconceived expectations and then had a small mama tantrum;)
We walked home through the park (scary forest) pretending to be Little Miss Riding Hood (me) and Grandma (her). Then we lay on the ground and I cut our two ballons from their ribbons with my keys and we made wishes on them and sent them up into the sky with the kites. She tried to chase hers for a long way. We ended up on the giant hill and rolled down. Why, now that I am 40 am I not able to stomach going round and around? I used to love that feeling and now it is just nauseating! No more rides at Coney for me. The day ended with her telling me not to do anything to hurt her feelings like... say another kid is cute. I find jealousy repulsive, apparently unless it comes from my child. Is that wrong?

Sylvester and Tweety



4 comments:

Gracie said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!!!!

craig or cami said...

love it!!!!
-papa D

Mac said...

no its not wrong!! hahaha
that sounds like a fabulous day to me!
xx
annie

bebe said...

What a great day...you two spend your time doing wonderful things and oh, that village is so cool. what's the name of your town.

Kids rock...