Sunday, March 20, 2011

Scenes from an erratic blogger

The past couple weeks have been a blur with all this and more while my thoughts have been mostly with the tragedies in Japan and now another war (started on the same day as the endless Iraq war March 19, 2002.)

Sigh.

Our first Saint Patrick's Day Parade.
The leprechauns were out leaving gold coins and balls on the subway and the streets.

got her irish all up!

coupla limeys

she really wanted to see the tiny leprechauns marching in the parade - so did I!

Bird sitting Darla for a week for our neighbors. I love my groovy new camera app.


another casualty of modern life, our neighborhood video store ... so sad to see this place go. it was a meeting place with real characters playing their parts in my real life. netflix can never replace that.

a favorite pastime - browsing the aisles of places like this... no more! waaaaaa!

i happened to be in the city on the night of my 13 year anniversary of living in NYC and decided very impulsively to go see this documentary about fran lebowitz. it was great - then she showed up and talked and signed books. great nyc character. great night.

The GREAT Museum of Natural History. I will never forget her face when we walked in the door.



great view from the dinosaurs on the 4th floor

Finley and Craig checking out the bears... wait, is that Grandpops?

My current favorite picture.

3 comments:

ma otter said...

that picture is now huge in our office it is so perfect and classic!!!!! perfect blend of Craig and Cami with an zany twist!!
thanks for all the news to pour over.
we all love it!

bebe said...

I love that picture too. It was a sweet trip through the blog... fun, exciting, moving times create such fine memories...love you guys.

xoxox

Gracie said...

Ok....first of all I LOVE Fran Lebowitz....so I can't wait to hear all about THAT....second....loved this blog post! It was like a delicious smorgasboard of fun tidbits....

p.s. Love that last pic of Finley, too...and...what happened to Skittles? Or is Skittle now Darla...???