Saturday, July 21, 2012

Colorado Dreaming

I am relieved to report that Garden of the Gods did not burn. Total miracle because you could see the char not far off. This is Balancing Rock - I fell off this rock when I was her age, chasing my brothers in my patent leather shoes... I remember my knee bleeding and my Dad carrying me, running for help. Finley is shown here in her rubber and super grip-ey sandals. ;)
In Manitou Springs, one of my favorite places in Colorado has the BEST photobooth. I'm sorry, those new photobooths just plain suck.
 These two houses are where my grandmother Wanda and my great grandmother Georgia lived side by side. The yellow house on the left is where my mother was born on the kitchen table.
 My brother Scott built this deck!
 Family down at my brother Shawn's new house.
 Me and my bro's in The "Man Cave" - literally, there is a sign on the door.
 Cutie Cousins!
 Sharkey game player
 I love this picture. I forgot how much time I spent doing this... waiting for the trains to go by as you tried to get across town.
 Daisy chains :)
 Finley and Einstein "the Boss" - perfect for each other...
 Gracie and swings!
 Gracie's boys - I love this - looks like Antonio Banderas and one of the dudes from Run DMC.
 Aunt Betty! Love her. What an adventurous girl and inspirational woman in my life.
 Monument Lake - NEVER knew this was here... doh!
 Lori on her mean machine! Thanks for the rides, Lady!
 G-Love!
 Aunt Debbie - hooking Finley up with the embroidery craft!
 Uncle Chris gives us a tour of Air Methods - very cool!
 we are sitting in a helicopter!
 Brother Scott, Aunt Deb, Uncle Chris
 Picture hanging in the lobby of Mom and Dad's retirement community.
 That deck in action!
 Mom. :)))
 All brave and in the cockpit!





3 comments:

annie said...

I love all these pictures of you guys. it reminds me of when we go back to nebraska and see everyone....
but one thing....KITCHEN TABLE????...did you say your mom was born on a kitchen table? wow.

and I agree, that is the best photo booth picture!

xox
love you so much!

craig or cami said...

My mother was indeed born on (or was it under?) a kitchen table! I forget the statistic but I think most babies in the first half of the last century were born at home! Without birthing tubs! Or meditation soundtracks;)

betty lowe said...

Your mom was indeed born on our kitchen table. Siblings Bill, Jim & Beverly came down with Scarlet Fever just before Margaret was born in 1939. Then I was the last of us kids to get Scarlet Fever. I went to the hospital under quarantine so that Margaret would not be exposed to the disease. I guess our folks could not afford my hospitalization and delivery of the baby in the hospital too. Some sister I am!!!

So glad I got to see you Cami and Finley!!! Love...Aunt Betty