Sunday, December 31, 2006

Goodbye 2006, Great Year of the Dog

I was born in 1970, year of the dog. I didn't know there were different kinds, but there are and this year I found out that I am a White Metal Dog and that although 2006 was officially the Year of the Red Fire Dog, I reaped plenty of doggie benefits. There are some of you who think I am hogging the happiness pie (this means YOU, Marla in Colorado.) Normally I would poo-poo this kind of statement, but I must admit we are looking suspiciously fat and happy. I have lived long enough to know that the pendulum will shift and life will even me out, but this year... what a wowzer. I was blessed with enough work to enjoy my relationship to the extent that I was able to get my creative venture even further off the ground. Silas was made. We had to move house which we were very upset about only to get a house in a location beyond our wildest dreams. I had one of the best vacations home to Colorado that I have ever had, just loving up all my family and friends - only to return to find that my big wish of the last 3 years had come true - you know what that is 'cause that's what this blog is all about:) Silas was born. Evan was born. November 7 was a Great day:) and Now with the holidays thoroughly enjoyed and over, I say so long to one of the greatest years ever. Thank you thank you thank you to the Universe, I am grateful for everyone and everything.
Last picture, last moon.

4 comments:

ma otter said...

what a year. I really cant believe how much can happen to a life in such a short time! Including the creation of a life. (and whats up with Nov. 7th?) beautiful blogging!
Happy New Year Guys... and as Emmett said at midnight while banging pots and pans..."Wicked!"

Lauren said...

What up dawg? I too am a dog and yes it was a good year.

Your little one will be a boar- like her aunt annie so you know she will be cool. (Likewise for Silas who is a dog like us)

I am a Leo/dog like Bill Clinton- (and Napolian)

Unfortunatly W is also a fellow dog... hmm what kind of dog is he? maybe a dog who was kicked too much when he was a puppy.

ma otter said...

Craig and i are monkeys. How much does that suck. i mean "monkey twins"!

Anyway beautiful blog. It was a great year. Silas and now your baby girl. what more could one ask for. except maybe a new teenager skateboard park down wilkenson holler road. ka clack, ka clack

Matt

Lauren said...

BTW I meant to comment how lovely the ultra sound tech's handwriting is- very nice memento....