Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Lasts

I have always been fascinated with "lasts." As a human, life is full of uncertainty - not much to do about it. I am no great philosopher, but I think I learned to cope with this reality at a young age by marking "lasts" as I noticed them (this is the last time I will go to my junior high locker, this is the last time I will sleep in this room, etc....) I still catch myself doing it today and this weekend definitely was a last that needs marking... Gracie was due to arrive on Monday for two weeks for support (for another post soon to come) and we all know then there will be a baby - forever (hopefully as long is there is a "me" there will be my baby). Anyway, all this to say that this weekend was the last time for Craig and I as a dazzling duo. We will not be "alone" in the larger sense of the word ever again. Sure we will have "alone time", but you get my drift. We had a great day that started with the annual library book sale in Pawling, then a walk in the park then on to Kent, CT. - walking in the sunshine going to lunch, funky shops and old book stores. Lots of laughs - it was a great day. Then it was Sunday, my FIRST "Mother's Day" which I admit I don't feel fully part of that club yet, but am definitely in the initiation phase. We spent the day digging in the dirt to prepare some wildflower beds. There are a couple pics of the tulips my Aunt Anne sent us to plant last fall, we are proud of them because we had to fight the squirrels and deer for them - we won! - secret weapon? - a daily golden shower from Craig!



5 comments:

ma otter said...

the first of many firsts and lasts...I love those pictures of you guys, you look like newlyweds from another time somehow, very young and fresh (and very pregnant!!) your daughter will have some great pictures to look back on.
annie and matt

ma otter said...

oh, and are you serious about the golden shower business?

craig or cami said...

Yep, daily pissings on the posies:)

Anonymous said...

Look at you two...adorable!!

Lauren said...

Go to the movies!