Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Thanks, Anne!

My dear Aunt Anne (and the baby's namesake - her middle name with either be Anne or Marianna) sent me a "MommyHood" present - beautiful Zulu earings she picked up on her trip to Arizona.
It got me thinking about another strange phenomenon (perpetrated by the diamond business, I suspect) called The Push Present. Women seriously get large jewlery presents as a "bonus" for pushing out the baby on the big day. Why does this make me feel icky? It also reminds me of "the right-hand ring."

2 comments:

ma otter said...

beautiful earrings!
and yes, that push business is wierd...as if you were doing it for the bling and not for love...
annie

Anonymous said...

Yes..wierd. I never got a piece of jewellery for having a baby, thank god..but I remember hearing women talk about it and thinking how odd it was...