Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Finley 411

I don't know why but I kind of feel funny always putting cute pictures of my kid up and being like - look at my cute kid! But that's what this blog is for so...... Anyway, she is pulling herself up everywhere and getting into all kinds of painful situations. I actually picked up her yesterday after she fell straight back and cracked her head on the kitchen tile, looked her in the eyes and said "what's your name, where do you live??!!" I mean we really are ill-equipped at times. She's a tough cookie, though. We believe that she has said her first word and that is CAT though it was coached. (She loves Murray and he actually loves her to) But the words she is saying all by herself are HI! and Hey! with a wave. She can growl like a cheetah and and lion and has a funny gorilla sound. She is also into rolling your skin between her little fingers and pinching. Who knew a little baby pinch could hurt so much?


6 comments:

ma otter said...

oh my god...words!!! that bottom pic is something else...she's fabulous!
and please don't feel funny about putting up pics...its not only what the blog is all about but a great thing to look back on AND so so great for all of us far away. I love that I get to know all this stuff.
The " blog " is a weird thing...sometimes making me feel self-obsessed but NOT writing or sharing this stuff doesnt mean I am not still obsessively thinking about it...arent we all very 'into' our own lives? sharing it just lets others in too!
thankyou...its awesome!
we are getting so excited to see you guys...we talked about it all day today!
annie

ma otter said...

If you even think that you might stop putting photos of my niece on the blog I will have to harm you

Matt

Lauren said...

I love the photos! She is so cute - OMG!

Hey I have a photography question - the photo of your darling daughter holding an orange - what lens did you use?... I am trying to learn : }

craig or cami said...

Okay, okay I desist! Or, as they say, "Uncle!" I promise to put as many cute pictures as I can take and not feel weird about it. Now, Lauren... Good eye, girl - that is my very beloved 100mm Macro lens. I got talked into getting it from the salesman at my used camera place and have not regretted it one second. It was the big beauty lens back in the 70s.

Anonymous said...

She's so adorable..keep putting up cute pictures of your cute baby. Your audience loves it...so don't feel funny...please!! How is it possible that she gets cuter and cuter???????

Gracie said...

OMG!!! I haven't been on the blog in 4-EVER!!! Baby Girl is sooo big and beautiful! Thanks for showing us what we are missing in person! Can't wait to see you all sooooooon...i....hope....!!! Lots of love - G