Thursday, February 14, 2008

Finley Hearts YOU


Craig and I have a tradition since our first Valentine's together and that is to NOT celebrate this holiday. We had just started dating and it was just way too much pressure so we were walking down the street and said "Let's NOT." So, we always have the UN-Valentine's Day thereby making the other 364 days ones of L-O-V-E. Finley changes this concept (as she has been known to do.) I just don't feel right not celebrating - I don't know why. I won't celebrate it the way Hallmark or Hershey want me to. I definitely don't like the pressure on people to buy, Buy, BUY for their loved ones - especially men, poor guys. So, maybe we think of it as LOVE Day (though every day aspires to be). What do YOU think?

6 comments:

ma otter said...

absolutely!!! me too!! and Matt too! We have never once celebrated this holiday except the first one and that was a bomb...ask Matt...

fin is soooooo lovable!

happy happy love love

LCJ said...

happy love day finley. sorry we couldn't take a walk today. we spent the better part of our morning getting an xray of cole's leg so that was our valentine's day present from cole!!

ma otter said...

We can replace Valentine's Day with...

"Buy the guy (who snuck out and bought a banjo/shotgun/power tool behind my back) a steak and BJ day!"

Yeah baby!

Matt

Lauren said...

I know why you and Matt don't celebrate Annie - that is one of the funniest stories I have ever heard....

That baby is the cutest thing I have ever seen. Love your banner photo.

I do not have strong feeling about V day. I do remember loving it as a kid - my kids love it now.

craig or cami said...

steak and bj day woohoo!
-craig

Anonymous said...

I just had to deal with this discussion as I'm in a new "thing"..and it's a toughie..we both decided that it is a totally meaningless holiday but it's hard..people feel bad not doing anything..so much pressure from everywhere..anyway..I got a sunflower..which was nice...even though it felt like he felt like he had to.

However, kids love it...save it for kids I say..and then get rid of it once you turn 21.