Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Dog Days of Brooklyn




Gone are the endless rainy days of June 2009. It has been consistently hot and sunny for a couple weeks - yowza! A couple highlights for this week... We made it over to the Prospect Park Zoo which was small but sweet and in need of much tlc. The amazing thing is we have a zoo we can walk to! Then on Friday, Finley and I went with Grandpops and Bebe to her great uncle Donald's house on Long Island. He had some great pictures of Finley's Great Grandmother Margaret. It was also our first big cookout of the summer and it made me wonder why, oh why can't I hate hot dogs? Sometimes I post and I feel like a dope - this is one of those times...


5 comments:

ma otter said...

I can so remember being hurled around like that as a kid. This is the priceless footage here.

looks like good fun. The first generation Dreyer Brothers looked so alike as young men!

and Cami I think it's funny you feel dopey posting.
so funny.
you are very NOT dopey but its a good word so I think I will say it a lot now. (along with "shittake")

annie

Anonymous said...

Bebe said:

First I read the PO site and now you. The record u'all are making for the kids, for all of us is profound.
Cami we needed an historian in the family and we got blueblood at that!!! You are a natural.

I wish I could have met Margaret
She did a great job with her 2 guys. They are good men. Richie says that she loved to laugh

matmos said...

Dont feel dopey posting. I love these posts, a little old and a little new, it helps me keep in touch, dont ever stop.
matmos

craig or cami said...

I should have explained better. DOPEY because sometimes it takes me so long to write then re-write over and over until I just feel like a dope and what I wanted to express isn't what is there at all. I am doing it. right. now.... argh!

Gracie said...

Love the sound of that darling giggling baby girl! :-) Cannot cannot cannot wait to see you peeps!