Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Sun Sets On Minetta Street




Ten years later and now it's truly goodbye to Minetta Street. Yesterday received a "10 days to cure" letter from a lawyer that basically says we are BUSTED and can no longer sublet (I forgot that was illegal:) No we are now forced to give it up for good.

Here is an ode to the cockroach (a frequent visitor in the apartment and my absolute least favorite insect - that I am aware of:) but that I also feel strangely akin to due to their hearty nature!::))) I bought this great poem from a street poet on my corner years ago...

Not that there aren't cockroaches in Brooklyn!

4 comments:

ma otter said...

aw cam.
letters from lawyers...cockroach poems...and a "last time"...all in one post
goodbye minetta
bitterbittersweet
xoxo

mattmos said...

Even Serpico had to move out! Later Minetta!

megan said...

this makes me sad :(

Gracie said...

SO SAAAAAD!!!! Too many fond memories to even begin to list.... However...the one that is the most fondest is when you told me about taking a walk and coming across this stree....and you were like..this is where I want to be...and like everything else you have done...you made it HAPPEN...Goodbye Minetta Street. The memories rock...

HELLO BROOKLYN>..we'll make MORE! :-)