Friday, October 02, 2009

24 hour Staycation - Mountain Style









Sometimes my job takes me to really great places and this time I was smart enough to ask if I could bring my family. Mohonk Mountain House, a National Landmark is magic and I surely won't do it justice in this post... It's a 140 year old sprawling old wood hotel that has no TV, tons of fireplaces and lots of places to curl up with a good book. The grounds are gorgeous though we kept thinking about the Native Americans who must have lived here first (The Esopus Indians) The lake has steep cliffs and deep water full of fat trout that you can feed off the balcony. There are miles and miles of hiking trails, gardens with a "Shining"-like evergreen maze and much much much more. Check out the website for history and more info/pics. I had been here once before years ago on another job then Craig had swing gig here a few years ago that he was able to bring me along on - we had a blast ice skating and hiking. The days with the baby are going by so fast and chances are we aren't going anywhere else this fall so we are grateful we got to have this day. Thanks Psoriasis! Who said pharmaceutical advertising wasn't glamorous!!?

3 comments:

ma otter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ma otter said...

love you guys city style and mountain style.

one year we should all go to this amazing place during the best fall leafy days... they are almost upon you!

remembering last year. sniffsniff.

xo

Gracie said...

Looks wonderful!