Sunday, February 21, 2010

JoJoba!!


Pronounced ho-Ho-bah (like santa making sheep sound:)... My cousin Nana was here last week from San Francisco (big fat Nana post coming). We had several conversations about the ravaging New York City radiators and how we all wake up feeling dry and yucky - even with water pots on them. She takes great care of her fleshy encasement (body) and said maybe I should sleep with a giant slather of Aquaphor of my face which I did as I am always up for weird experiments. The next day I had a modelling job where this very hip, young, cute, asian rockstar make-up artist turned me onto what she uses - JoJoba Oil. It seems counter intuitive to slather oil on your face, right? It's cheap. It's amazing. Basically it is the closest thing to the natural oil (sebum) our skin and hair make and doesn't break you out - on the contrary. I was able to find a small jar (organic) for like $3 and it WORKS! For the record, I don't mind aging but I am so happy that I don't have to look like a dried up old shrunken apple head and I don't have to wonder about which stupid moisturizer to buy! If you've got skin, check it out! She also mentioned argan oil but I didn't try it yet and don't know if I need to frankly. I'm happy for this solution and done caring/thinking about it for the moment which is really the best result - woohoo!

3 comments:

Caline said...

immuna get me summa dat!

ma otter said...

god, and today I almost bought some 17.99 thing...
thank yous.

Kahty B said...

Thank you Cami,
it's a miracle.
I love your blog especially the videos of Finley!!
Kathy Burgess (Louis' wife)