Saturday, April 24, 2010

Might I Suggest

WHY I did not bring this netflix I had at home with to San Diego me is a tragic mystery, but Annie, check it out sister (and anyone else!). I think you will love it and I wish I had seen it with you. The film takes four specific plants and looks at our relationship to them and how we affect each other.





Not Camille Claudel but a strong, French, female artist - Seraphine is another great one you have to see. The way she creates and mixes paint is alone worth watching it for. (Beware: I think there is a scene where she uses snot as a glaze!) The simple and savage relationship she has with nature is thrilling. 1845 French countryside is again worth watching for... Sweet though often sad story. Again, I blew it - picked this one up at the blockbuster out in Diego and said "eh, can't face the subtitles..." mistake... big mistake!




Now one for all the family to crack-a-lack up to (wait, maybe rated R??) and one of mine (and Craig's) all time cheesy favorites: You won't believe the jokes they make that are actually coming true!



And finally, for Mac - I think it is loosely based on the story of Carole King. Girls Rock! It might be a little early for it but I can't remember exactly - don't think it's any worse than say, Coal Miner's...

1 comment:

ma otter said...

I'm on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xo