Sunday, May 30, 2010

Lordy, I'm Forty!

The best birthday I EVER had. I can't imagine beating this one. (well, actually the BEST one was the birthday when we brought our two day old baby girl home:) The day started out with Craig and I leaving at 6am to drive to Connecticut to work - you KNOW you are grown up when that sounds great (Girosa Post forth coming - Promise!!) the crew had birthday cake for me and let us go early. Craig gave me the most gorgeous stained glass of the Tree of Life since the one we painted on the wall upstate had to stay with the house:( The action portion of my birthday happened Friday with a two hour class on the flying trapeze! Craig, Gracie, Pops and Lisa were there to witness while Sandy and I both flew. We learned to put legs over the bar and swinging upside down, a backflip and finally - a catch! Let me tell you, for this chicken - flying is the way to go!! Though I am sore as hell and have some strange bruises, I know I will be going back someday. Then it was a stroll across town to the Spring Street Natural restaurant which was the perfect choice because they had something for everyone - delicious veggie fare and meat for those who partake of the carcass (it's my birthday post, I can say what I want!) but especially lots of space and windows and plants with a groovy eclectic flair. One my very favorite parts was watching Finley's face sing me happy birthday for the first time very sincerely. She even sang "... to Cami..." SO sweet. After dinner Gracie, Craig, Finley and I - we took an even longer stroll across the Brooklyn Bridge which I haven't done in years. For me, the perfect celebration. Not to mention all the great gifts (c'mon - that cookbook??) and wishes and songs from far and wide. I feel extremely blessed and loved - strong and ready to face the next forty! In honor of this marked day, I am also going to increase the size of this text on this blog just an itty bit:)











A Contented Woman, Forty Years Old

5 comments:

ma otter said...

tears tears tears!
you are fucking amazing.
watching you flip and
sing to your stong self
is so great.
and again, great!
the tree of life is perfect.
all of it has led up to this
just like it was supposed to.




xoxo
annie

Caline said...

You are so brave!
I had butterflies in my stomach watching you prepare to leap and I felt queazy until you were safely down. But it looks like you had perfect form and the grace of a hawk (not a chicken!). That is something that I could never do unless something very serious was depending on it.
You are awesome and beautiful and I'm so glad you had a fabulous birthday with your wonderful family...
Love the tree of life
and especially the walk across the Brooklyn bridge!
Happy new year to you!!!!

ma otter said...

you . are . kidding . me .

anniehere again and I still can't believe the moment you are flying through the air with you legs over the bar and you decide to let your hands go and fly upside down and backward...and then still have the strength to un-leg yourself from the bar and do A F-ING
F L I P.

unbelievable.wow.

Gracie said...

What a great day this was..... And you were sooooo having the time of your life....

Now....what is in store for the next big one??? Hmmmm.........

P.S. Thanks for the walk across the bridge...I always wanted to do that!! :-)

Gracie said...

I just noticed...it was at Pier 40! on your 40th....poifect! quite!