Saturday, May 08, 2010

Happy Mamas!

We were strolling home from the subway after a long and often dramatic day together (think me, apologizing a lot!) I was thinking out loud about the people that don't have Mama's to love up on Mother's day, feeling a bit sad for them when Finley tells me "when I grow up I'm not going to need a Mama anymore." Gut. Puncher! I will stop to preface this next bit and say that often our toughest time of the day is coming and going from our 4th floor walk up. I try to prepare myself but somehow one or both of us ends up frustrated and/or in tears. So a few minutes after the "I'm not going to need you someday" comment we are walking up the first flight and I ask her what her favorite part about our day together was and she say's "being here, right now with you, Mama!"

They giveth and they taketh and on and on and on.... and I love it all!

Here she is this morning being a sweet little Mama to her baby July.

Happy Mother's Day to mine and you and yours and a special wish for you that will be!

3 comments:

ma otter said...

this post is true and lovely.
happy mothers day you exceptional mama.
so very true.
xo

one of the best pictures also.
double hugs and kisses

mattmos said...

Great post Happy Mother's Day

Gracie said...

Soooo cute! Picture is priceless....Happy belated Mom's day, dearie!!