Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Goodbye Sucky Baby

True to her word, the Sucker Fairy came on Sunday night and took the last of the suckers in exchange for more gum. So, there you have it. After three years and four thousand sucker hunts, the gig is up - our big girl is coping. Sleeping, being sad and getting boo boos all without suckers. The first night was Awful and had me second guessing myself, wondering if she wasn't ready yet. The way she cried for almost 2 hours - howling. "Ohhhhhhh, OOOOOOOOhhhh! I want to be TWO - I'm just little!!" It was truly harrowing. The second night was just as sad but shorter and I know in a few days she will be fine. The interesting thing is I can see already that her bedtime routine will be easier. She kind of keeps herself in a sleepy state for a long time with the suckers. Without it is stories and sleep - pretty fast. No more waking up and crying and looking. She has already slept deeper. Only waking up to stir cry out and promptly pee the bed.

No more night diapers either... The Diaper Fairy came on the same night but turns out she doesn't give you sh*@! Figures... :)



5 comments:

ma otter said...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
I remember mac saying that giving up a sucker was like waiting for something good to happen and it never did.
(sounds like lots of addictions!)
I'll miss that sleepy sucky face.
So proud of that big girl.
As far as the peeing goes I still have to take Silas to the potty at midnight or so otherwise we pay in pee.
I watched the beach video again and Feee is so
great and the ocean....

xoxox
annie

ma otter said...

oh, I was unable to watch the video and I wanna see...

ma otter said...

the tiny feee and craig video, that is...

Gracie said...

Awwwwwwww........glad she is getting deep sleep...! No more sucky baby....how the time flies...

Gracie said...

Awwwwwwww........glad she is getting deep sleep...! No more sucky baby....how the time flies...