Sunday, September 12, 2010

Our Awesome Weekend

It started on Friday with a truly transformative visit to LuLu's for Finley's first haircut. A couple weeks ago she asked "when do I get to look like Ladybug Girl?" It is very sweet and yes she looks like a really big girl now.
Saturday was the best September 11 since... well, September 11. The day started with a charity walk right here in Prospect Park for ovarian cancer that Finley and I did with Sandy and her work team. Then Craig, Finley and I drove up the Saw Mill "a piece" to Hastings, NY for the Take Me to the River Music Festival where he played with Matt Turk (who just might be the nicest guy in the music business). This was the crunchiest hippie event I have ever been to which means I loved it - SO much fun. Mazes made out of sticks, cardboard box tunnels, lots more than that and not to mention lots of great GREAT music. Most important for me - it was the first time that Finley may remember seeing Papa play. There was face painting done by kids for kids where she got her first ever and I even managed to do a little crafting - a god's eye - a first for me too. Then it was over to Dave and Colleen Hamburger's who live right there in Hastings for some fun with old friends. Home by 2am! which means... we did a whole lot of nothing on today, this rainy Sunday.



Ladybug Girl watching Papa play



3 comments:

Gracie said...

BIG GIRL HAIR???!?!!??? Finley looks PRECIOUS! Did you save a lock?? :-) And what a fun day in the park!

ma otter said...

I so wish I was there. That is my kinda day.
Finley's hair is perfect! She does look like a big girl but only when you look back, right. She's still a LITTLE cutie ladybabybug fo sho.
...and did they say "scrape the shit right off your shoes?"
hahahahahahahaha!!
That video with Craig behind Feee on stage is priceless!

annie ;)

Caline said...

She's so beautiful and getting so big! That does sound like an awesome weekend. Just my style. Just my speed. It seems a shame to live so far apart because I know we'd have so much fun together!
I especially love the picture of the three of you looking so happy and lovely!
The babe's up now, gotta run...