Saturday, September 18, 2010

Tornado in the Slope!

Maybe you have all heard we had a bit of tornado in Park Slope the other night. Of course that is like saying one had a bit of a heart attack... and certainly a little goes a long way when you talk about the long and seemingly pissed off arm of Mother Nature. Thankfully we were all home and not trapped on the street somewhere. We were all in the bedroom right in front of the windows when in started. I have never seen rain pound windows like that nor have I seen that much lightning back to back. It was pretty scary and we had to back away into the living room a few times. It wasn't until today that I learned it actually was a tornado. So bizarre.

Here is some footage I found on youtube in Prospect Park that looks like it was taken right after. The uprooted giant tree is the same one I have a picture of from my run today...








2 comments:

ma otter said...

so crazy! a tornado! all those trees! wow!
I can't believe how much Prospect Park looks like it's completely in the woods upstate!
I don't want a tornado but I'd love a little dramatic weather!
xo

ma otter said...

we just watched lord of the rings (the second one) and emmett is reading it too. the ents rule. treebeard!
annie again.