Monday, October 04, 2010

Cobbler!!!


Well it's bye bye to watermelons and popsicles and helloooo cobbler which means I have to crank up the cooking skills... This is a recipe from Simple Foods for Busy Families. The Mix and Match charts are a great way to narrow down the possibilities and help me focus, focus, Focus! Here is what we made and the dish of beauty we made it in that makes it taste that much more like Love... We used gala apples, cinnamon, ginger, lemon juice and a bit of nutmeg, agave, apple juice and corn starch. The topping was whole wheat flour, almonds and sunflower seeds, coconut oil (which they don't have listed in the fat section - big mistake in my opinion), and more agave...
With a little plain or vanilla yogurt or even ice cream if you are feeling dangerous! The book is really worth having as it has mix and match charts for soups, sweet and savory hot cereals, smoothies, quiches, sandwiches, pastas, stews, and salads, salad dressings and marinades. That's a whole lotta help.


5 comments:

ma otter said...

that looks soooo good. and I suck at deserts. never make them. I will try this. I can do it. Better yet, I bet i can get Mac to do it. She's a great sweet maker!
xox
miss you 3

ma otter said...

hey, that monkeys got a 'stache!!!

craig or cami said...

its very tasty
-papa d

Gracie said...

You go on with your cookin' self! That looks delicious!

Caline said...

mmmm.
I've been on this crazy diet because Natanya had a projectile vomiting issue which fortunately seems to be pretty much behind us but I've got to wait until the three month mark to start reintroducing foods (eggs, gluten, corn, dairy, soy & nuts). Needless to say, this post has me salivating buckets. Even the cakes of watercolor paint look tasty! That does look like a great cookbook for the very near future...
I hope you're all doing great! It feels like its been awhile but I'm resurfacing... Lots of love to you three!