Wednesday, October 13, 2010

New York City Ballet & Nails with Bebe!!

Grandpops watched Finley while Bebe and I snuck out on Saturday night to go to The New York City Ballet!! I have only seen a ballet once in my life about 20 years ago and this was so exciting. Lincoln Center, the people, the dancers, the costumes... absolutely thrilling!! I know I spent most of the time with my mouth hanging open in awe. The dances by Balanchine were Chaconne, Concerto Barocco, and Tarantella. But my favorite of the night was the last dance, a modern ballet called Glass Pieces by Jerome Robbins with music by Phillip Glass. It was so good I felt kind of frantic! The only thing that would have made the night better would have been if sister- dancer Annie would have been there. You were definitely missed. Next on my list is some Alvin Ailey!

Sunday Bebe treated us to Finley's first nail salon experience. They whipped out a little pink sink and pink booster seat (they obviously knew who they were dealing with;) She chose one pink hand one pink foot one red hand one purple foot. Bebe got silver and I got gold toes. Granpops met us after for lunch at the "dine-a"...

Thanks guys we love you and always have a good time - you KNOW it!





What was your favorite part? "Playing with Bebe."





4 comments:

ma otter said...

Chaconne is my favorite! (I think that might be the suzanne farrell one I showed you that I love!) and tarantella one too! I don't think I have ever seen the Jerome Robbins one. Wow!
I also love Fees hands and feet.
Bebe is the best, isn't she!!!

Gracie said...

Soooo cool! :-) Bebe ROCKS!

Unknown said...

It was a special night...we left the house for an 8:00 show so we had time to take in the atmosphere. Not a seat in the house, our R row seats were dead center and the dancing began. It has been4-5 years since I let myself have this exquisite experience. I won't stay away again...
Thanks for the kodos but the pleasure was mine. xo

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.