Sunday, October 31, 2010

More and Final Halloween 2010

This holiday was so much fun this year because Finley's want to dress in costume anyway is just hitting stride. It just kind of feels like everyday is Halloween lately. It's been so fun that I forgot all the other great things that go on. Like the pumpkins (picking, carving and seeds) and trick or treating and the books, the decorations, the parade, and on and on. This year Craig got to be with us for the third year running. I guess it is not a live gig kind of night? Anyway, we are happy - more Craig for us! Finley was going to be several things... A fairy, Ladybug Girl, Snow White, Witch, Dorothy, A princess... The last few days it has only been Ladybug Girl being talked about and I thought we were decided with this:

BUT when it was time to get dressed she wanted Snow White. I know we will probably be Ladybug Girl tomorrow or next Thurs - who knows? I ended up in her witch hat and broom and bought a nose and chin. It's pretty weird to walk down the street and have people recoil from you. Craig had a blast scaring the kiddies in his Wizard from the other Oz. What a hambone - he is all entertainer. My friend DonnaMarie showed up with her new little man Liam, Superman to her Lois. We walked the parade route for a bit and even entered the contest at the last second (beat out by a bottle of champagne??) It was a gorgeous fall day, super crisp but too windy so we made our way back home and handed out candy on the stoop. Neighbors Rob and Phil joined in. Finley had a blast. We all did.







Wizards need Pizza!

she's eating her first box of Dots - those suckers get stuck in your teeth Every time!!



Damn that was scary mask!! Love this picture if I do say so...


Feel strangely sad to see it go. That said, bring on the Save The Turkeys Thanksgiving! (and our one year vegetarian anniversary, I might add...)

4 comments:

Mattmos said...

That was a great post. Miss you guys!
Mattmos

Gracie said...

Great pics! Thought of you guys and the great halloweening that happens in Brooklyn! xoxo

ma otter said...

Did i really not comment on this post? I coulda sworn...
i guess just in my head....

love all the NY giant puppet head masks all over the place. Very trippy and cool.
And your masks too. I never want to wear anything on my face but I may just have to suck it up for next year.
You guys make it look fun.
Such cool costumes!! halloween NY stylie looks awesome.
love you tree.
annie

ma otter said...

i love you feee.