Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankful, Indeed

For so, so many things. Mostly, I am thankful that my father's kidney's started to function better today which is great, great news. Again, we will know more tomorrow, but it seems he is on the other side of this crisis. We love you, Dad.

For the rest of being thankful today The Plump Otter Family always gets it right with this poem...

We had a great feast - Finley's first - she liked the sweet potato. Friends Mitch and Sandy (and her dog Jai!) came up from the city to chow down with us. Fairy Godmother Nana Maxwell sent our Grandmother Marianna's silverware for us to have just in time for the holiday - I swear the food tasted better with it.

Cousin Mac's Hungarian Princess dress


I love this picture because I am in the process of weaning Finley. I am so thankful that I was able to nurse her for this long and am sad for the change.

3 comments:

ma otter said...

oh my god I love t o see her in that little orange thanksgiving-y dress!
missed you guys today.
us

bebe said...

beautiful blessings...and looked like a great meal too.

Gracie said...

Did you eat a low flying turkey? I swear...if I have another bite of turkey..I will explode...or hurl...one of the two. The lesson to be learned here is....stop cooking for an army!!! I'll never learn...your feast looked FABULOUS....and you couldn't pick better dinner guests than Mitch and Sandy...great to see them with the Dreyers! I'm thankful for you guys....