Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Baby Language



So I am standing in the line at Blockbuster and there is a problem. The computer has crashed in the middle of my checkout. The clerk has to call the manager as the line grows behind me, full of impatient people waiting in yet another of the many lines they must endure on a daily basis.For some reason the endless trailer music that usually plays in the background is quiet, and the queue behind me is also silent with frustration and impatience.
"C@ck!" my little 10 month baby yells out;(it rhymes with rock , or block or shock)
no one says anything, have they heard?
"C@@@@@@@@@ck!!"
I attempt to suppress my grin and act like she didnt say it.
"C@ckc@ckc@ckc@ckc@ckc@ckc@ckc@ck!!!!" she repeats.
Stillness.
Silence.
Shame.
Finally the blue-shirted girl gets the computer to ring up my order and she hands me my dvd's without speaking. I leave the store.
Was it just my imagination or did my baby Finley just shout out obscenities in a public place? What does it say about our society, my parenting, etymology? What is the lesson here?
Please comment
-craig

4 comments:

craig or cami said...

From the first comment I gather we need to get that text recognition thing. Fricken Spammers! Silas was saying that C-word a couple weeks ago, but I think he tries to say truck. I don't now exactly what she is trying to say, but it applies to everything. It's C@*#K! all day long. -cami

LCJ said...

OMG that is hysterical!! I am still laughing, I can just picture Craig's face!
Luke's first word was $hit, he would say it all the time! I feel your pain on this one!

I had to do the text thing last week because I was getting spam too.

melissa

ma otter said...

that is so funny...cute little baby, sweet little profanity.
silas likes to say "big BIG cock" now
while playing with his.....truck.
annie

ma otter said...

she takes after her father...just guess what word is next??