Friday, May 23, 2008

LABOR!


This time last year I was checked into my birth center and being induced. In approximately 6 hours my water will break and I will officially be in labor. This process will continue for an additional 36 hours! I still can't believe it. Here is the roller coaster of emotion I remember having - excitement!!, fear, anticipation, discomfort, alarm (meconium in my fluid?), pain, More pain, MORE pain, despair, unbelievable pain, resignation, not much (good drugs!), FEAR, determination, ANGER (WHY can't I have the big drugs until I reach 4 centimeters???), more determination, Incandescent Pain for 7 more hours, hope, elation (YES! 6!! centimeters, now GIVE me my good big drugs!) NO PAIN - Hallelujah!! Craig and Gracie are now dancing around the room, happiness!, JOY (she'll be here any minute now!), More Fear (why is her heartbeat decelerating??), more determination, relief, Amazement, JOY, L-O-V-E!

6 comments:

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ma otter said...

waaaaa...you just keep making me cry cam! I love you sistamama. Amazing!!
annie

Lauren said...

beautiful post - made me get some tears in my morning coffee!

10 years later I still have the same thoughts on Aida's birthday - now I was going to the hospital, now they were sending me home, (fast forward 3 days)back to the hospital, now they were telling me I can stay :), now I thought I was gonna die, and on and on.

Congratulations on your first year of motherhood. You are one amazing mama.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to both of you fabulous parents! I just love your little bubba. You know, she and I are totem buddies... we are both flying bugs! (im the butterfly :)

Happy Birthday Finley!!!

Anonymous said...

great post! I remember those ups and downs with 24 hours of labor with Isabel..but you did it!! yey!!

Gracie said...

You were AMAZING.....and I'll treasure those memories for all my days....

Nothing is better than watching someone so right to be a momma (and Craig a papa, too!) fulfill their destiny.

You guys ROCK and I can't wait to celebrate so many things with you guys in AUGUST! Counting down...Tank is way past empty...using that bio-diesel and hoping it'll tide me over 'til then!