Sunday, November 01, 2009

Halloweeeen & NYC Marathon 2009!!

















We are celebrating our first Halloween weekend in Brooklyn which was/is AWESOME!! We started Friday night with just Craig, Finley and I carving tiny pumpkins and eating corn on the cob (finley's idea) and roasting pumpkin seeds - I feel a tradition coming on! Then Saturday Finley and I woke up, she put on the clown costume and we had banana pancakes and watched some of the movie "UP". Then we woke up Papa (she says "yeah, let's go wake up Craiggy D!") we put on her costume and walked over to the Old Stone House playground where they had a Halloween Pet Parade - my favorites were the winner in the scary category, The Hulk and I also loved the blood hound with the rodeo cowboy. Then my good friend Gracie arrived from Colorado to help us celebrate. We ordered Indian Food (YUM!) and put on our costumes... She was a witch, Craig borrowed some of her green face paint and was green-faced leather guy. They were all out of the big chicken head that I wanted so I got this little chicken face and put on some strange clothes to go with it. Actually, Craig's idea for us was for me to be a chicken and we would be "Who came first, the chicken or the Craig?" Which meant he had to do Nothing!! Nice try, guy... And Finley was the most cutest and raggediest Raggedy Anne - wearing the clothes off a doll my mom made me when I was her age. SO cute though she wants to be a fairy now - we may be wearing costumes all week. There is lots of trick or treating , peoples sitting on their stoops and businesses also hand out candy - I am thinking that they must sell more candy in Park Slope than some entire towns elsewhere. Then the parade two blocks up, ooooooOOO The Parade! We went with our neighbors, Rob and Phil. Finley loved the candy and covered her eyes when she saw something scary and waited for it to pass and would then say "ooooo that was scary!"
THEN this morning we walked two blocks down and watched our first NYC Marathon! So exciting and what a way to put the morning in perspective when you see a guy with NO legs on a graphite monopod hopping for what will be 26 miles! Everybody cheering, Finley having a grand ole time, everyone calling out the names the runners put on their shirts to give them the will to go on. So thrilling - and did I say two blocks away?

4 comments:

ma otter said...

I so wish I coulda been there.
You guys are awesome.
Feee in the leaves...tooooooo much good.

You guys know how to do up halloween!!

Caline said...

I didn't see your chicken face but the chicken/craig getup seems like some kind of joke waiting to happen pileup....
Craig head!!! HA HA HA!!!
xoxo

ma otter said...

hi baby feeee.
we love you hugely.
right now I am doing a dance for you.
i look like this (your mama will show you)...
my hands are on my head my shoulders are bobbing up and down and I am doing a leg kicking leprachaun dance while singing "I love baby feeeeee! weeeeeeee!"

xoxoxoxoxo

craig or cami said...

I did my best, annie... she totally appreciated it. then she thought we should watch it on you tube? We want to see YOUR version! Maybe you will film a dance for us when we send you the interview?