Sunday, November 21, 2010

november mish mash


the view these days running around park slope


another strange pumpkin in the slope


Some time after I took this picture I carelessly set my camera (the big one) on top of a stack of library books on top of her dresser. Yes, it fell. Yes, my lens was crushed. Yes, yes, I cried like a baby. Yes, it is being repaired for the big $ I don't have. This after a week of a stolen phone AND broken point and shoot. It has sent me on a spiral of - should I just sell it all? It's not like my big photography career is taking off. It took a couple days to breathe and decide that no, I am not selling. Well, maybe but only to save so I can upgrade. I love photography too much. I don't care if it remains a hobby my whole life. That said, I love this picture of Finley and Thomas, The Princesses. I look forward to not making the "death of camera" association when I look at it;)

Funny little iphone pic on the way to school

Tomorrow we drive to Virgina to partake of the thanks with cousins Phebe and Nora, Uncle George and Aunt Joan and others. We will not be blogging and wish everyone a yummy and Thank-Full holiday.

4 comments:

Gracie said...

awwww....soooo sorry to hear about the lens....yaaaaay...you are going to stick with photography! Cuz you have an amazing perspective and it should be shared!

Happy Happy Thanksgiving to the Dreyers! Much love to you from Colorado! Gonna justify a food-truck trip to NYC soon... :-)

Love me some face saxophone playin'!

Gracie said...

p.s....love that last pic of Fin!

bebe said...

I'm so sorry Cami...well, it's a way of confirming what you want...the BRIGHTSIDE! Drive carefully...have lots of fun...eat well ...get some rest and lots of laughs. See you when you get back.

We love you big sky Montana...xoxoxox

over it said...

I do believe that the turkey painting is now on our front door. :)