Friday, December 31, 2010

The Last Days of 2010

With a CNN truck and other news trucks rolling through the snowy mess of the hood, Park Slope made a fair amount news this past week with the Christmas blizzard and those missing-in-action snow plows. Craig had a gig and a night straight out of the apocalypse trying to get home. Cars abandoned in the middle of major avenues, endless digging, broken snow shovels and exhaustion. This is all after working until 4am. I am so thankful that he was not injured or worse and that the car was not injured either. I was also thankful all week that I was not among the legion of those poor people trying to get to and from their loved ones during the busiest holiday weekend of the year. Our street was not paved until Wednesday evening! Crazy and ludicrous. The flip side is that the street belonged to the people and that was fun to do and see.


the sidewalks were fine - because... they were shoveled!

this man had a LOT of shovels and he said he used them all

that man way back there is digging out the street himself!

The big bummer is if they would have had a better response everyone could have mostly just enjoyed what was a beautiful, white day-after-and-days-after-that Christmas!


Rosey cheeky so precocious!

on my run the day it started and then 3 days later! I LOVE running in the snow, by the way. Crazy, I know.

One of my favorite parts of the park...

Even the playdough gingerbread men and angels have goose bumps! (her words not mine:)

Lily and Finley exhibiting perfect princess pinkness tonight right before bed...


This was last conversation while falling asleep on the last night of her three year old year, 2010
"Are there any monsters in the world?"
"No." I said.
"Yay!"
"Are there any monsters in the zoo?"
"No." I said.
"Yay! Then there's nothing to be scared of!"

A few seconds later...
"Mama? Why did you call me Fi... Fi... sounds like fish! Can I change my name?"
"Sure, what to?" I said.
"Rocky."

4 comments:

ma otter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ma otter said...

this is my favorite post ever.
your house with the blue door looks like it knows the best secret in the whole world.
I can't imagine NY so fluffy and white and quiet.
I wish I could be there.
Finley looks so happy.
Your girl is SO SO happy.
xoxoxoxo
Annie

bebe said...

ROCKY...I am still laughing, thanks for letting me under the covers with you and Finley...as always it is warm where you are.

xo bebe

Mattmos said...

Tell Rocky her uncle loves her very much and we can hardly wait until the 20th!