Thursday, April 19, 2007

Food - My Friend, My Enemy

Everyone knows that pregnant women can be ravenous eaters. We are warned not to go crazy and make healthy choices. This works for me about 65% of the time. For the other 35% I go whole hog. This has meant macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets (never before liked these), ranch dressing (not since I lived in Texas!), KFC (wtf!?), and a tradition I did not dare repeat in this last trimester - Trimester Sundaes! That meant once for the the first and second trimester Craig and I went to the store and got all the fixings for hot fudge sundaes and then ate them every night till it was all gone! Woohoooo! I have had a serious sugar fetish with this baby. I have vowed to make better choices this last month out of sheer pain. The other night I had 4 slices of pizza and was absolutely miserable for 12 hours straight. Pain. The Great Motivator. No matter, she's coming out soon and then watermelon season begins! Here is a picture with me doing what I love - gettin' down with some carrot cake!

2 comments:

ma otter said...

...still have lost virtually none of my baby weight...i'll be joining you with the melon!!...
annie, the "thick"

Lauren said...

That is a lovely photo of you Cami. I love it.