Friday, April 18, 2008

The Evolution of The Walk

Finally!! I have been dying to blog this and only just got back to my computer this afternoon... SO! It began a couple weeks ago with the "finger walk" and we knew it was just a matter of days...


And sure enough April 15 (I can finally think of this day now without cringing!), the day after Craig leaves for a few days' work I am at my friend Marni's house having a baby pow wow when I see her out of the corner of my eye - she's up and crossing the room! So these are a few of the actual first steps and my reaction which I SO wish I could edit out:)



And finally, this was the following day is Soho when we hooked up with The Papa for a few hours in between jobs. All little long to watch, but worth it if you love us! She was so proud of herself you could totally see it on her excited little face -- some really great days!


She also is hugging on request - you could just die. Well I do and I ask for them all day long. As for speaking, she talks all the time - stuff that sounds like "ithagethagum" "amagoothema". And get this, two days ago I said "Finley, do you want your sucker?" Not really expecting an answer, I was just going to give it to her and she goes "Neh." shakes her head and means it! Then I said "Finley, do you want some water?"and she says "Yeah." and takes the water. It may not sound like much, but when you spend all our days with someone like a baby who can't do things like this and then one day they just do them... This is B-I-G. We have actual verbal communication!! W-O-W!!!!

8 comments:

ma otter said...

oh my god she is mobile and verbal and fabular and mac,emmett and I are cheering with happy misty eyes...I love your reactions and her cruising in Soho is brilliant. And her birthday is on its way...one year ago the world was a different place..."and then came Finley" (thats gotta be on the Dreyer Family Rock Album for sure)

ma otter said...

one more time ...
ok, already the 3rd time...
annie

crea said...

oh my god those are fabulous clips! brought a smile to my face :)

ma otter said...

I can't believe it! Go Finley! We are so proud of you! We will see you soon and take a walk around the block.

Matt

Gracie said...

OH MY GOD!!!!! :-)

Big Brawther said...

Looks like the days are about to get very "exciting". :)

Anonymous said...

love it ..and the walk in Soho is priceless.

lydiafdc said...

Verbal is truly an amazing milestone...yay Finley...on the move!!