Saturday, April 12, 2008

Music, BABY!

One of the things that greatly increases my quality of life is music as I am sure it is for most people and having a kid has opened my ears up to a whole new genre. I had no idea what to expect, but thanks once again to my sister-from-another-mister Annie, Finley and I have quite the collection of really great stuff that is so much fun for both of us. (NOT like the cd I picked up in Borders for kids that made me want to scratch my ears off.) We are talking Dan Zanes and all his friends, Raffi and many others. On the last trip she gave us "Free To Be You and Me" an unbelievably GREAT 1970's product of Sesame Street that we have on heavy rotation. I went online looking to see what one of the singer's name was and found this clip. His name is Rosey Grier, football player, actor, minister and author of, get this, Rosey Grier's Needlepoint for Men. I love this clip I found - he is SO cuddley and check out how teeny he makes the guitar look. By the way Annie - there are lots of other clips from "Free" - a really cute one with Roberta Flack and Michael Jackson of the one that Diana Ross did on the cd. Oh, and it surely is alright to cry.


Finley jamming out with Father Goose

4 comments:

ma otter said...

there are so many things I love about this post...First, I want Rosie Grier to be my nanny... and Finley rocking out to Father Goose, little butt jigglin', awesome... and YOU, Cami, singing and doing the mama-narrative...love it all!

you can rent "Free to be..." on Netflix when she gets older...totally great 70's cartoons and real people jammin'...its right up there with "School House Rock" (also rentable!)

Lauren said...

I love it!

We have Free to Be - it is awesome. My kids love, "Ladies First". (I think it is pretty darn funny too...)

Lauren said...

I love it!

We have Free to Be - it is awesome. My kids love, "Ladies First". (I think it is pretty darn funny too...)

KiKiD said...

Whoah Finley - That was rather provocative!

Would love to see her dance to some 2 Live Crew - Next week?