Saturday, March 10, 2007

An Era is Over

The symbol of my youth/freedom and the coolest car I will probably ever own, my Subaru Brat of 16 years is sold and gone. I had gone back and forth with this decision for the past 3 years. My reasons for parting with this beautiful machine... 1) The northeast rust monster has decided it wants the car and in a couple more years it would be worthless 2) I don't need 2 cars - I have a great Outback which has proven itself to be great for trips to the dump/drive-in too, and 3) my main reason - this car has a lot of live and love to give. It only has 160,ooo miles and these cars have been known to go over 300 no problem. I got a good price for it, but started to sniffle a little when he was counting out the bills and then as no one could see me in the dark I cried like a baby when those tail lights went down Wilkenson Hollow for the last time. Pregnancy hormones? Somehow this time I don't think so...

4 comments:

ma otter said...

:(
annie

Gracie said...

I can't believe you sold the Brat!!! At least has gone to a good home......but I'll always remember fun in that car...especially at the drive in...and how awesome it looked when you restored it!

roro said...

my 1971 mercedes died...RIP

and hello hyundai :)

roro said...

PS. peace out BRAT!!!